Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Cali Logan Trip



After the success of the Liberty Girl video I wanted to step away from that project. I felt pressure to make it's sequel even better and that was looming over me. I wasn't very motivated to work on it. At some point the idea to do an Amazing Girl video with Cali Logan came up. I thought that would be fun. I've never met her and she's kind of a celebrity in this genre.

I wasn't in charge of scheduling. V does all that. Anyway, the time in which we wanted to produce the film didn't quite work with Cali Logan's schedule. She was busy and flying out to work with us just wasn't possible. After some creative thinking we all agreed that we would fly out to her. This would be great we thought. Spend a little extra time on the other side of the country... see some sites... do some work... Goodtimes!

I won't bore you with the vacation part but the work situation was interesting. It's a bit difficult flying into a new situation. Not know what your locations are going to be and not knowing the people you are going to be working with. Most of my productions I'm at the location the day before production planning out how the fights will go down. Staging of certain action events. Not knowing these things ahead of time means you need to do them during the production and it slows you down. That also causes you to cut more elaborate sequences out of your film.

I think the production went down pretty well! Cali Logan is one of the nicest and down to earth people I've met. She was great to work with. The other thug we worked with, Sergio, he was great fun to work with as well. I think this video came together really well. It's not a very complicated video but I think it looks sexy and I had a fun time producing it. V was also able to gather quite a bit of photo content for www.superherogirls.com . I do have some regrets. I think I should have thrown in a cat fight towards the end and made the sexual peril scene a bit shorter. Another thug would have been nice too but that was a budget issue. This was a bit of a spendy production overall and we needed to cut corners where we could.

Overall this was a good experience. It also motivated me to get back on the Liberty Girl train. All aboard!!!

-bpd

No comments:

Post a Comment