Friday, November 11, 2011

What to do...?

After Injustice Girl 2, I wasn't really sure I was going to do another heroine peril film of my own. Though I had some positive feedback. It didn't really seem like it was something that was going to pan out for me. During this period of time I did help out V with a couple various SHG productions.


The first was some interior shooting for a Relic Raider video. Nothing much to say about this experience. I just happened to be around and so to help speed up the process I ran camera. I never saw the final product, so I don't really have any thoughts on Relic Raider. However I have had some ideas about doing a Tomb Raider type story but I have lots of ideas. Seeing them come to fruition is another story. ;-)

The second video I had a bit more to do. Returning to the Justice Girl series I helped V with "The Prototype". I shot and cut the film. This would also be the first SHG production that I used a color treatment on. Which I think added a grittiness to the picture. It was a rather darker in tone piece.


The actual production on that film was a bit weird. It started out fairly normal. Just some of the SHG regulars having fun making a film. However towards the end of the shoot the boyfriend of the model playing Justice Girl showed up. From there things just shifted in tone. The fun left the production. The model just kind of shut down. I started to feel uncomfortable... The boyfriend just kept pacing back and forth. You could tell he wasn't into having his girl tied up half naked and being... well you know. I was so glad when that shoot was over. Subsequently that would be that models last film. Which was too bad because "The Prototype" was to have a sequel but She chose to retire from the genre. This is why I hate having boyfriends on set.

Overall this film was okay. There were some ideas as well as some shoots that I really liked. I also liked that it was a bit darker in tone. My previous work had a bit more fun/camp going on in it. I think this would help to inform my next film. By the end of this period of time. A seed was planted to Re-boot the Liberty Girl series. What an adventure that would be!

-bpd

No comments:

Post a Comment