Monday, November 21, 2011

I didn't see this coming...



I don't quite remember how it happened now but I was talking with V and she was saying that I should make a Liberty Girl video. She seemed enthusiastic about bring Alex David back from her hiatus and stepping back in front of the camera. We didn't rush into anything. I started to think about potential story lines and started thinking that if I do this I should do a trilogy. V was in agreement. Another thing we decided to do was to up the level of sexual peril in the films. This was something that hadn't really been seen in a lot of SHG flicks and it was something that would bring a bit of an edge to this particular story. Anyway, I went into my hole and started writing the first chapter to what would become "Liberty Girl: The Return".

The production of this film started off fairly well. If you have seen the film, we started with the 3-on-1 fight sequence. There was a lot of experimentation with the fight choreography and I shot this mostly handheld. It's also the only part of the film where there are more than two members in the cast. After we wrapped that day I was feeling fairly good about where this project was headed. However shit was gonna hit the fan. Subsequent production days with The Obsidian and Liberty Girl characters would be tough and rather tense on set. Let me interject here... pull the curtain back a bit. The Obsidian character was played by myself, bpd. On top of that I was the camera man running two cameras. Just Alex DaVid & myself. No other crew.  There would be times where we would be arguing with each other. We'd call it a day and I would think to myself this film is just not gonna work. There was a point where I was pretty upset and just done with the film. I didn't want to work on it anymore. However as a filmmaker I hate quitting and sometimes you just need to push through. Focus on what needs to happen and get it done. Anyway, eventually we did manage to get everything we "needed" to complete the first chapter. Do to time constraints and being burnt out some story elements got cut from the original script. (Which would end up to be a positive for LG2 since I was able to bring a better story to the table but I'll talk about that in another post.) One negative to the production was that the footage shot with the 2nd camera was all blown out. Something I'm not proud of. Acting, directing and running two cameras... something is going to go wrong. It was a poor mistake and one I won't be making again.

Post production of the film went fairly easy. Aside from the blown out footage that I tried to correct, everything seemed to come together rather well. I remember cutting the trailer and having that uploaded. Right away there was fan reaction. I did really like that trailer... probably the best I've cut. Anyway, SHG ended up have some issues to resolve before getting the whole film uploaded. This caused more fan reaction. Some negative but mostly positive in anticipation. I remember getting word that LG: The Return had been uploaded and was ready for sale.

TIME FOR A DRINK!

We went out to a bar with some friends. I remember feeling relief that the film was done but also really nervous. I just remember drinking a lot that night. At some point I got word that over on www.heroinemovies.com, fan reviews started coming in. To say that they were gushing would be an understatement. I think this is where the hype for the film started. Obviously I was over joyed. I could not have imagined that this would happen. Even the following day fans leaving comments and starting whole other topics based around the film was crazy to me. Honestly i was overwhelmed and a bit nervous to make another film. Something I think I'm still dealing with now in heading into production of LG2.

I'm sure there are some things I missed. If you have any questions then leave a comment and I'll get back to you. Thanks for reading!

-bpd

No comments:

Post a Comment